!!insidediv!!Terry Nation's survivors 1975 - 2023

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/3/2019 10:28 pm  #21

Re: What I am watching

Bob Meade --- " I've been trying to remember the title of the story set in a Monistery - the Monks after a big bang tale???"

A Canticle for Leibowitz is a post-apocalyptic science fiction novel by American writer Walter M. Miller Jr., first published in 1959.
Set in a Catholic monastery in the desert of the southwestern United States after a devastating nuclear war, the book spans thousands of years as civilization rebuilds itself.
The monks of the Albertian Order of Leibowitz preserve the surviving remnants of man's scientific knowledge until the world is again ready for it.

07/4/2019 6:46 pm  #22

Bob Meade --- " I've been trying to remember the title of the story set in a Monistery - the Monks after a big bang tale???"

A Canticle for Leibowitz is a post-apocalyptic science fiction novel by American writer Walter M. Miller Jr., first published in 1959.
Set in a Catholic monastery in the desert of the southwestern United States after a devastating nuclear war, the book spans thousands of years as civilization rebuilds itself.
The monks of the Albertian Order of Leibowitz preserve the surviving remnants of man's scientific knowledge until the world is again ready for it.

26/9/2020 6:47 am  #23

"After Armeggedon" from the Discovery Channel. 

Its a two hour movie that follows a family during a flu pandemic. It has social and medical commentaries from professionals. 
Free on YouTube https://youtu.be/SMIcUb4WfLk

Last edited by Lorraine (26/9/2020 6:47 am)

Board footera