!!insidediv!!Terry Nation's survivors 1975 - 2023

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/3/2020 5:15 pm  #1

Checking In

It's been a while since I was on this board but I thought I'd check as I expected it to be very busy at the moment. 

Well it seems the Bradford Factor appears to have been forgotten about, when people say they are not well enough to go into work, no one is questioning them! Good to see so many firms are taking this seriously. 

Hopefully we'll all be back on here on here over the next few months.

13/3/2020 11:48 am  #2

Re: Checking In

Very interesting. With today's influenza B and coronavirus, hopefully human resources felt will be less concerned about numbers and concentrate on workers health.

So many people will show up to work because they may not get paid for sick days.
Coronavirus has closed schools, quarantined cruise ships , cancelled events and made the stock markets dip.

Check out After Armageddon from the Discovery Channel, it's on youtube.

13/3/2020 12:41 pm  #3

Hopefully after this is all over, more firms will be encouraged to pay their staff whilst they are off sick, and for their managers to send people home who are not well. 

Unfortunately there will always be those who use their sick leave dishonestly, especially when we have such unpredictable weather like we have at the moment. 

13/3/2020 3:11 pm  #4

Yes, there's always sick time abuse. The big problem is now we have a wicked flu season in addition to coronavirus. There are so many people who can't afford to be out of work. If they continue to close schools , parents have to stay home.
Back in the day, a friend used to pick up your homework for you. Now the teachers can present on Skype and email your work to you. 😡😡

There are so many layoffs now...people are cancelling trips, cruises are cancelled. Sports arenas are empty. Broadway plays are closed for a month.Even Disney and Universal studios have closed their doors. Employees and vendors out of work.

In the first episode The Fourth Horseman, Abbys car radio talks about the market crashing.
The train conductor says nothing is running on schedule, . ".it's all gone to pot !"

stay well

21/3/2020 10:14 pm  #5

Richard I am a member of the survivors facebook page but very really post. 
I live in New Zealand where we just have the corona virus from overseas entries. No community transmission yet. However we know it is coming as there is no hand sanitizes available at the moment and even the hospital and emergency services are running low. I am in my late 50s  brought up to preserve fruit, ride a horse have a vegetable garden and raise chickens. I did this because I wanted to live this way. Now I have a healthy pantry  and fresh vegs.
However I am concerned our Prime mister yesterday asked us not to travel out of towns or cities and keep our social contact at least 1.5 meters away from each other. 
o one of my friends had a corona virus pot luck party , bring your favorite dish you will miss when we are locked down. Another traveled 1 hour away to catch up with some friends that are camping. Coming back later today. These are intelligent  educated people all over 65, 2  with health problems. Why are people not taking this seriously? 

16/5/2020 1:03 pm  #6

Wow. You are more than ready to Survive this crisis.
In response to your question..Why are people taking this seriously..I wish I had an answer. I am a critical card healthcare worker in New York City.  I cringed when I see knuckleheads walk around without face mask  in the streets or riding the trains.

Then people are protesting while wearing masks that they can't go to nail or hair salons.
I would like to invite them to a emergency room or intensive care unit to see that this is real!. Plus they are so many dying, hospital have refrigerator trucks to hold the bodies.

We have to get ready for Covid19 and upcoming flu season.
You stay hunkered down. Keep people at a safe distance. Keep supplies hidden and locked up.
Stay safe.
When will they learn?

Tieela Brown]Richard I am a member of the survivors facebook page but very really post. 
I live in New Zealand where we just have the corona virus from overseas entries. No community transmission yet. However we know it is coming as there is no hand sanitizes available at the moment and even the hospital and emergency services are running low. I am in my late 50s  brought up to preserve fruit, ride a horse have a vegetable garden and raise chickens. I did this because I wanted to live this way. Now I have a healthy pantry  and fresh vegs.
However I am concerned our Prime mister yesterday asked us not to travel out of towns or cities and keep our social contact at least 1.5 meters away from each other. 
o one of my friends had a corona virus pot luck party , bring your favorite dish you will miss when we are locked down. Another traveled 1 hour away to catch up with some friends that are camping. Coming back later today. These are intelligent  educated people all over 65, 2  with health problems. Why are people not taking this seriously?

Board footera