Terry Nation's survivors 1975 - 2017

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/11/2016 6:36 am  #1

What I am watching

Aftermath. everything, plague, asteroids, shape sifters
Van Helsing unfortunately its got zombies
The last ship. All good

19/12/2016 4:32 pm  #2

Re: What I am watching

I enjoyed Jeremiah with Malcolm Jamal Warner and Luke Perry. Incredible writing . I am also glad , they wrapped up all the loose ends. No cliffhangers but room for a sequel if they wanted one.

Jericho was an amazing show.  After it ended , I got the comicbooks/graphic novels to complete the series
Another well written tv series with a scary but believable storyline. The books were great and their pictures too. No supernatural magic and no zombies.

Aftermath is interesting.

.There's a series I am watching again "Prey" with Debra Messing. It's believable when consider genetically modified DNA ;;XXXY chromosomes and antisocial behavior ;; targeted populations.

The Last Ship is good . Epidemics, politics and more. I am looking forward to the next season.

Read a great post-apocalyptic novel "Gone to Ground" by Cheryl Taylor. Waiting for the next book. Great cliffhanger.
Just saw "On the Beach" , there are two versions of this movie. I prefer the original. The book is good too.

Last edited by Lorraine (19/12/2016 4:45 pm)

19/12/2016 8:06 pm  #3

After Armageddon is a two hour version of Survivors. This movie also has commentaries from social scientists,  epidemiologists, medical professionals and religion . Each segment has an explanation about what is happening and why.  It can be seen on youtube
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Armageddon

Last edited by Lorraine (19/12/2016 8:07 pm)

20/12/2016 3:03 am  #4

Lorraine
Thanks for the heads up about Prey will give it a watch. Have read "Gone to Ground" it was enjoyable.
You reminded me of After Armageddon which I watched a previously. But will watch again. 

13/2/2017 12:41 am  #5

Teela wrote:

Lorraine
Thanks for the heads up about Prey will give it a watch. Have read "Gone to Ground" it was enjoyable.
You reminded me of After Armageddon which I watched a previously. But will watch again. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prey_(TV_series) This was an interesting series. Left us with a cliffhanger.

13/2/2017 1:06 am  #6

Lots of books without tv series. No zombies. No supernatural things . No out of space aliens.

Gone to Ground by Cheryl Taylor.
Jakarta Pandemic by Steven Konkoly --the first of a series of books about a health crisis.
Infection: a pandemic survival novel by M P McDonald
H 10 N 1 by M R Cornelius  and Marsha Cornelius
Sick by Brett Battles (a series)
Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank ( not the flu)
One Second After and One Year Later -- William Forstchen  (not the flu)
Cyberstorm By Matthew Mother
On the Beach by Nevil Shute

Post apocalyptic and no zombies.  Not supernatural like The Stand.

13/2/2017 8:18 am  #7

Lorraine wrote:

Lots of books without tv series. No zombies. No supernatural things . No out of space aliens.

Gone to Ground by Cheryl Taylor.
Jakarta Pandemic by Steven Konkoly --the first of a series of books about a health crisis.
Infection: a pandemic survival novel by M P McDonald
H 10 N 1 by M R Cornelius and Marsha Cornelius
Sick by Brett Battles (a series)
Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank ( not the flu)
One Second After and One Year Later -- William Forstchen (not the flu)
Cyberstorm By Matthew Mother
On the Beach by Nevil Shute

Post apocalyptic and no zombies. Not supernatural like The Stand.

Never forget: Earth Abides, George R Stewart - I'm certain Terry Nation read this 1950 book & borrowed parts of it for the TV series.
Same goes for Day of the Triffids.
I've been trying to remember the title of the story set in a Monistery - the Monks after a big bang tale???

Last edited by bobmeades (13/2/2017 8:26 am)

Board footera