!!insidediv!!Terry Nation's survivors 1975 - 2023

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/2/2017 3:08 pm  #1

Spare Parts

I thought I'd mention about another Audio CD story

I purchased the Doctor Who Audio Episode - Spare Parts from the Doctor Who shop in Ryde, Isle of Wight.
It's a great episode, about a parallel Earth which has been knocked out of the sun's orbit, and the survivors are now living in large underground caves, their only power source is the molten core of the planet. Obviously the people are dying out, as food is scarce, along with many things we take for granted nowadays. There are traders in body parts, however the survivors slowly moving towards replacing their body parts with artificial replacements. You know from the start of the story what these people are going to become. 
Stars Peter Davison and Sarah Sutton as the Doctor and Nyssa, also two familiar voices, Sally Knyvette from Blakes 7 and Paul Copley(no relation to Peter) from Torchwood/Hornblower. 

08/2/2017 4:11 pm  #2

Re: Spare Parts

Richard Clark wrote:

I thought I'd mention about another Audio CD story

I purchased the Doctor Who Audio Episode - Spare Parts from the Doctor Who shop in Ryde, Isle of Wight.
It's a great episode, about a parallel Earth which has been knocked out of the sun's orbit, and the survivors are now living in large underground caves, their only power source is the molten core of the planet. Obviously the people are dying out, as food is scarce, along with many things we take for granted nowadays. There are traders in body parts, however the survivors slowly moving towards replacing their body parts with artificial replacements. You know from the start of the story what these people are going to become. 
Stars Peter Davison and Sarah Sutton as the Doctor and Nyssa, also two familiar voices, Sally Knyvette from Blakes 7 and Paul Copley(no relation to Peter) from Torchwood/Hornblower. 

I think there was a Blakes 7 episode on a similar subject - I think Avon joked with Villa, that he just about qualified to be a spare part!

08/2/2017 5:57 pm  #3

Just finished Survivors set 4. It was great. I am glad that BG is exploring so many storylines. It's a bit more action packed. Jenny gets to do more.

10/2/2017 3:00 pm  #4

bobmeades wrote:

I think there was a Blakes 7 episode on a similar subject - I think Avon joked with Villa, that he just about qualified to be a spare part!

I imagine that was the second episode of series 3 - in the aftermath of a major battle, a medical ship was travelling round the battlefield collecting survivors and taking them to a hospital, only for them to find the hospital was actually an organ bank. Villa and Cally were teleported out just as they were to be taken to surgery. Servalan of course managed to escape from it by offering them a lot of money instead.  

10/2/2017 8:06 pm  #5

Richard Clark wrote:

bobmeades wrote:

I imagine that was the second episode of series 3 - in the aftermath of a major battle, a medical ship was travelling round the battlefield collecting survivors and taking them to a hospital, only for them to find the hospital was actually an organ bank. Villa and Cally were teleported out just as they were to be taken to surgery. Servalan of course managed to escape from it by offering them a lot of money instead.  

Yes, that was the one Richard.
And , Yes Lorraine - Lucy was pleased to be stretched a bit more than usual.

04/7/2017 2:01 pm  #6

Did anyone see the last two episodes of Doctor Who Series 10? The return of the Mondasian Cybermen, after 51 years! I must say after watching the last few series I'd decided to give up watching it, as the scripts have been so poor since the anniversary episode. The return of the Mondasian Cybermen was a reminder of who the Cybermen were originally intended to be, a race of humans that would go to any length to survive, although since then they've been portrayed as more of a robotic form. At least they didn't undermine the Spare Parts story though!

Board footera