!!insidediv!!Terry Nation's survivors 1975 - 2023

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/11/2016 8:11 am  #1

Original Survivors 1975 - 77 comments

Please post here any discussions of the original TV series.

19/12/2016 4:25 pm  #2

Re: Original Survivors 1975 - 77 comments

This series would still stand today. If you ever been in a blackout or powercut, almost everything comes to a standstill. In the first 3 episodes, how many are left? Worley was power hungry. The teacher says --we got a man on the moon, but can't make a primitive weapon. Tv, phones, radio (cell phones),  Internet is down. Add to that, you are alone. I would like to hear more of the characters back-stories , how and what they went through before they met up.

Last edited by Lorraine (29/1/2017 4:03 am)

20/1/2017 9:19 am  #3

It would be interesting to find out what transpired between Greg and Ginny prior to Genesis, whatever was happening between them it wasn't good by the look of it

20/1/2017 5:46 pm  #4

Welcome to our new forum Richard, I hope you enjoy it.
Bob

24/1/2017 7:01 am  #5

Richard, Jenny was alone and wanted to be around people. She ws tired of being by herself. Walking around an empty country-side and never seeing another soul.
 Greg, sounded like he wanted to stay independent.  He didn't give the impression that he was looking for people. 
Must be madness trying to see if anyone else is alive. 
The episodes were made even more stark but not having any music. Really made you feel the silence and isolation. I agree there's probably a bit more that can be expanded in the storyline. 

24/1/2017 11:49 am  #6

It would be interesting to hear of the lives of many of the Survivors characters "Before the death"
Perhaps a Big finish project?

24/1/2017 1:44 pm  #7

I agree Bob. There's so many stories. Paul talks about his children, burying his daughter, going to his Daddy's flat , it was neat but he wasn't there. What was it like for him to watch what was going on and seeing his family die. He talked about having 3 children, but didn't mention their mother or the community they lived in.

Emma talked about getting things ready for her sons and their families. What was her story.
Wendy never talked about her past. Where did she come from. Any family or friends?

Greg was on a rig, out of the country.  He traveled in a helicopter. What did he see? What was his relationship with his wife. He wasn't too broken up when he found she passed.
Greg had a wife, Abby has a family.  Who did Jenny have besides a roommate?

Where did Mina find Matthew?I thought she probably grew up taking care of her elderly parents.  Tired, always being called on to tend to them. Not having any freedom, no friends, just a caretaker for demanding parents. The came the Death. Her parents passed away. She ws free but alone. I figured one day, she left home and while wandering heard a baby crying and found Matthew.

Corn Dolly --Mitch was away at school, never mentioned his parents.
John didn't talk about his mom. Lizzie mentioned her dad and family --once.

David Grant sees the doctor to ask him to see Abby. The Doctor is tired. Says whole families are dying.
Doctor wife passes,  would be interesting to hear what he was thinking as he saw this crisis.
Did he call other doctors for help or advice?  We're there any nurses to help him.

The Grants housekeeper went home to see her sister. What happened when she got there?
I may have given the backstory/prequels a little thought 

Last edited by Lorraine (24/1/2017 1:53 pm)

24/1/2017 3:04 pm  #8

Hi Lorraine, I was talking about Ginny - Greg's wife. Greg didn't shed any tears when he found her lying on the couch, so whatever transpired between them prior to that wouldn't have been good. 
I liked the way Jenny first met Greg, best way to get someone to take notice of you when no one else is is to pass out!

29/1/2017 4:02 am  #9

So true. When Greg saw his dead wife, he  didn't sound nice. He was spitting nails. No remorse. Not a moment of silence. He just packed up and left. Abby and Jenny felt some pain. Greg was almost relieved.

29/1/2017 8:55 am  #10

Lorraine wrote:

So true. When Greg saw his dead wife, he didn't sound nice. He was spitting nails. No remorse. Not a moment of silence. He just packed up and left. Abby and Jenny felt some pain. Greg was almost relieved.

In the book (I just re-read that part), Terry relates the incident in more detail - you get the feeling Greg is very stressed (not surprising after what has happened) when he arrives at his home.
But it is obvious that whatever love he may have had for his wife, had gone a long time ago. Perhaps a typical one, where love had turned into habit.
But yes, that story would be a good one for Big finish, from Greg's previous encounter with his wife, to where he finds her dead.....perhaps a Dutch lover will be worked into the story?

Last edited by bobmeades (29/1/2017 8:59 am)

Board footera