!!insidediv!!Terry Nation's survivors 1975 - 2023

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/11/2016 10:09 am  #1

Big finish audio productions.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/survivors-series-05-1250

5.1 The Second Coming by Andrew SmithMillions died when the plague swept the globe. Such a thing couldn’t possibly happen again - or could it?When Abby Grant and Evelyn Piper both arrive at Carol Baker’s Maythorne community, a chain of events is set in motion that could unleash a new wave of death across the country.5.2 New Blood by Christopher HatherallDanger surrounds Whitecross when a simple border dispute exposes deadly tensions between those who live side by side.Greg Preston and Jenny Richards soon find themselves fighting for their lives, as people in the grip of a terrible new fear turn to the old ways to protect themselves...5.3 Angel of Death by Simon ClarkEmerging from a quarantined Whitecross, Greg and Jenny discover that the danger they glimpsed at Springton is far from over.Meanwhile, as isolated communities find themselves exposed to a disease they know nothing about, Abby joins a desperate race to save lives.5.4 Come the Horsemen by Andrew SmithIn times of crisis, rumour and fear run rife across the decimated landscape of Britain. Evelyn and Abby experience the lethal effects of this panic first hand.At such times the worst of humanity is exposed. Can Greg and Jenny find the best in those around them? Or is there no way to avoid the coming of the horsemen?NOTE: Survivors contains adult material and is not suitable for younger listeners.Written By: Andrew Smith, Christopher Hatherall and Simon Clark
Directed By: Ken BentleyCastCarolyn Seymour (Abby Grant), Ian McCulloch (Greg Preston), Lucy Fleming (Jenny), Fiona Sheehan (Hannah), Zoe Tapper (Evelyn Piper), Neve McIntosh (Carol Baker), Sean Biggerstaff (Healy), Barnaby Edwards (John Woodley/Old Scavenger/Stuart), Andy Secombe (Ben Turner), Fintan McKeown (Patrick Regan), Richard Hope (Silas Broome), Alex Clatworthy (Summer Broome/Elsie), Donna Berlin (Pearl Ironsmith), Ekow Quartey (Dylan), Elizabeth Payne (Beatrice/Margo), Roger May (Lenny Bryson)Other parts played by members of the cast.

Last edited by bobmeades (22/11/2016 10:22 am)

19/12/2016 4:18 pm  #2

Re: Big finish audio productions.

I enjoy the Big Finish audiodramas. I follow Survivors and Dark Shadows. I would like to see more about the characters that were never developed during the series. I enjoy Abbie, Greg and Lucy.  You don't hear about other characters and how the death changed them.
I would like to see/hear Ruth and Paul 's love story develop. Ruth in medical school and things falling apart around her ( got a sense of it in Survivors 2008 episode 1).  Paul and his family, probably living on a farm , then his children dying. The way he talked about burying his daughter.The look on his face as he tried to find his father.
  When did he and Ruth start having feelings for each other.
Greg had a wife. Abbie had a husband and son. Pet talked about her family.  Did Jenny have anyone?
The back story of Wendy, Mina.
I read about John and his mom,the vet. But never saw anything about their reunion on the show.
There's another story there .

Last edited by Lorraine (19/12/2016 8:18 pm)

21/12/2016 6:46 pm  #3

Thanks for your thoughts Lorraine - & welcome to our forum.
I must admit I quite enjoy the BF episodes, they do seem to build up the body count quite quickly in some episodes though. If they carry on like that, there will soon be no Survivors left!
Have a great Xmas & new year.

24/12/2016 3:57 pm  #4

https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/coming_soon_reverse/survivors
News of upcoming Audio Survivors - series 6 -9

05/1/2017 5:51 am  #5

Just ordered cds of Survivors 4 and 5.  Looking forward to hearing them. Thank you for the episode synopsis.

06/1/2017 8:18 am  #6

I think & hope you will enjoy them Lorraine - Lucy Fleming tells me BF plans to make Post "season three" story line episodes - which could be VERY interesting. Lets hope, containing far less murdering & more about the few survivors helping & loving each other - as Charles observed in the TV "Corn Dolly" episode.
 I believe the few Survivors left, would actually find themselves in a situation where they highly value each other - not try to kill each other - but then I'm an optimist.....

06/1/2017 4:58 pm  #7

I found Survivors to be so civilized. In today's movies, they shoot and step over the bodies.
In the episode when the Survivors go to the supermarket. The trio pulls a gun on the men. They shoot the tires.
In a gun-happy society. The trio would have shot the men , taken their guns, hid the bodies.
Then,.loaded up both cars and left the area. BBC and Terry Nation were so civilized.

06/1/2017 5:14 pm  #8

Thank you for the update.  Post -season 3 has so many possibilities.  In my vision, Greg Preston is not dead, but incapacitated by smallpox and a maybe a secondary illness.  He survives the smallpox but is concerned about being a carrier (like typhoid Mary). He may learn more, once he  can be seen by Ruth or Johns mother.
Agnes and one other person know that Greg is alive. Agnes was immune to the smallpox.
This flu --the death- was a mutant virus so anything is possible. 
I would like to hear more about John and his mom, the vet.   With the start of electrical power , would they be able to work on vaccines or at least give everyone a tetanus shot.
  They already started a phone system, they can expand it.
With power, they can have refrigeration and  food storage
Agnes said her people had technology but no food.
Possibilities galore.

06/1/2017 8:02 pm  #9

Lorraine wrote:

Thank you for the update. Post -season 3 has so many possibilities. In my vision, Greg Preston is not dead, but incapacitated by smallpox and a maybe a secondary illness. He survives the smallpox but is concerned about being a carrier (like typhoid Mary). He may learn more, once he can be seen by Ruth or Johns mother.
Agnes and one other person know that Greg is alive. Agnes was immune to the smallpox.
This flu --the death- was a mutant virus so anything is possible.
I would like to hear more about John and his mom, the vet. With the start of electrical power , would they be able to work on vaccines or at least give everyone a tetanus shot.
They already started a phone system, they can expand it.
With power, they can have refrigeration and food storage
Agnes said her people had technology but no food.
Possibilities galore.

I agree, the continuation of the original Survivors after season 3 would be wonderful - I started to write one myself, it is very unfinished, but here is link to it....
http://bobmeades-ivil.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/new_afterpower_word_2010.pdf

07/1/2017 11:14 am  #10

Bob, I like it. Would you consider submitting it to Big Finish.?
I am glad Greg is not dead.  Please do another one and let Abby find  Peter. That storyline is getting so tired.
One thing that used to fustrating me is that some folks  never left a note behind.
Jenny spends the night in a house ,(A Little Learning) the lady comes home and knows" someone has been here". Why not a note --"Jenny was here, if you hear from Greg, I am heading to ....."
Greg left a note for Ruth after the house burned down , telling her to go to Whitecross.
The trio found Charles because of his notes and maps in "Corn Dolly".

Board footera