!!insidediv!!Terry Nation's survivors 1975 - 2023

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/1/2019 1:12 am  #1

Comments on Season 8

Well we have action and more action. I know they think it makes is more exciting but it makes it more generic could be any action story. Its no secret that Abby finally meets up with Peter and its done well. They say that the next season is the last one with the original actors but I have not warmed up to any new characters.  The final story sets up up for season 9.  Maybe they will bring back Dennis Lill  but I think season 9 will be my last. I have not warmed to the big finish series but I have the Carolyn Seymour audio of the original book which is great. Have you brought any of the Big Finish Audio Survivors what is your opinion?

21/2/2019 1:52 pm  #2

Re: Comments on Season 8

I have all of the Survivors cds. I also have all of the DVDs.
Carolyn Seymour does a great performance narrating the novel.
I have enjoyed to original storylines. However, I would like to see some background stories.
Paul talked about his children and life in a commune. He went to visit his Dad, his flat was tidy but he wasn't in it. You can get killed for a pack of cigarettes. His whole journey BEFORE he met Jenny ,Greg and Abby.
A love story with Paul and Ruth, while dealing with Survival.

What was Jenny's story...her roommate dies, did she have any family?

The two doctors in the first tv episode..the Forth Horseman..a great storyline for them. Dr Andrew is at the hospital. The other doctor is out in the country with
Abby .

Was Tom Price always a jerk?

Greg talked about being on an oil rig and how he flew away. He saw a man and boy, but they backed away from him.
Charles had a family, then he wanted to get all these ladies pregnant..

What was Wendy's story Before she met Aunt Emma.
I would like to hear Charles , Pet , Ruth, backstories.. They can be short and mixed in with the current ones.

New storylines  were ok, but there was an opportunity for so many others.

Last edited by Lorraine (21/2/2019 1:59 pm)

04/3/2019 8:33 am  #3

Lorraine wrote:

I have all of the Survivors cds. I also have all of the DVDs.
Carolyn Seymour does a great performance narrating the novel.
I have enjoyed to original storylines. However, I would like to see some background stories.
Paul talked about his children and life in a commune. He went to visit his Dad, his flat was tidy but he wasn't in it. You can get killed for a pack of cigarettes. His whole journey BEFORE he met Jenny ,Greg and Abby.
A love story with Paul and Ruth, while dealing with Survival.

What was Jenny's story...her roommate dies, did she have any family?

The two doctors in the first tv episode..the Forth Horseman..a great storyline for them. Dr Andrew is at the hospital. The other doctor is out in the country with
Abby .

Was Tom Price always a jerk?

Greg talked about being on an oil rig and how he flew away. He saw a man and boy, but they backed away from him.
Charles had a family, then he wanted to get all these ladies pregnant..

What was Wendy's story Before she met Aunt Emma.
I would like to hear Charles , Pet , Ruth, backstories.. They can be short and mixed in with the current ones.

New storylines were ok, but there was an opportunity for so many others.

Good question there - what was "Jenny's" background, you never find out......

05/3/2019 1:04 pm  #4

Bob Meade,  I like your Power story about Greg Preston. 
As for me, Greg Preston didn't die. He was vaccinated for everything from yellow fever to malaria, since he had to travel internationally for his Civil Engineering work. Like Jenny, he also had a natural immunity against The Death. 

In the episode The Last Laugh,  he was exposed to whatever Dr Adams had.
Dr Adams said at first he thought it was smallpox, but everyone in their community had received the smallpox vaccine.  Yet, they died. 
Dr Adams said that the guys at his settlement John Powell and Jim Irving were immune.
I believe Greg was possibly infected, but recovered. However, he could be a carrier.
Agnes is immune. She cared for him. They --Angnes and Greg, decided it would be best if th he others thought he was dead. He's hiding. Until they can get Dr Ruth and John mom, the vet to work out something...

05/3/2019 1:08 pm  #5

Another backstory, we heard Lizzie say, everyone in her family had died. Her father told her to just walk away. She meets John at his grannys home.
We meet Johns mom, the vet. We only see her in one episode.
When and why did she send him to his grandmother? Did she ever get sick or was she immune . Lizzie and John never got ill. Did she ever try to find him?
After their reunion, what was he feeling?

08/3/2019 6:58 am  #6

The question you posed about Jenny, was such an interesting one, I put to Lucy Fleming herself, in an email - & her answer was, "She was never given any character background at all, & now cannot remember what she imagined about it" I have raised this on the Facebook forum, to get a wider reaction.....
BTW, the REAL Lucy, is just as compassionate as Jenny, showing much concern regarding a medical condition that I now have... Something only men get, as they get older  only, it's not really very funny......
I've just had the biopsy's done.....
http://bobmeades-ivil.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/lucy_fleming.pdf

When and why did she send him to his grandmother? Did she ever get sick or was she immune  - this WAS answered in Reunion, John was sent away, because he would not have liked to see his favorite cows killed - due to a "Foot & mouth" descise outbreak.

Last edited by bobmeades (08/3/2019 7:04 am)

09/5/2019 1:57 pm  #7

Teela2 wrote:

Well we have action and more action. I know they think it makes is more exciting but it makes it more generic could be any action story. Its no secret that Abby finally meets up with Peter and its done well. They say that the next season is the last one with the original actors but I have not warmed up to any new characters.  The final story sets up up for season 9.  Maybe they will bring back Dennis Lill  but I think season 9 will be my last. I have not warmed to the big finish series but I have the Carolyn Seymour audio of the original book which is great. Have you brought any of the Big Finish Audio Survivors what is your opinion?

Actually Big Finish could have taken liberties with the Peter and Abby meeting. What if she's not dead...Peter could have maimed her. What if she was found later by another group and taken care of ..
Then the story would have two plotlines. One where Greg and Jenny are trying to find a settlement. The second with the healed Abby trying to get the new group to go with her.

Board footera