Terry Nation's survivors 1975 - 2017

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/7/2017 5:14 pm  #1

Season 6 from Big finish

Just released - I have yet to listen to them, but thoughts every one who has purchased them.

https://scifibulletin.com/uk-tv/survivors-review-big-finish-audio-series-6/
Bob

Last edited by bobmeades (09/7/2017 5:18 pm)

10/7/2017 10:43 pm  #2

Re: Season 6 from Big finish

Bob
I have purchased them but not listened to them. I have a love hate relationship with the audio survivors. I love that survivors have been brought back to life , but   hate the conflict, yelling and lack of character. Sometimes it seems that that could be any group of characters thrown together for a story. I miss that lack of discussion remember your favorite episode or scene. Abby "Please don't let me be the only one" Barney accused of murder or the death of Paul. These are all character driven. Does it always have to be extreme ,can't it just be the weather flooding the stores, not flooding a basement with a tiger outside the door after been trapped by a homicidal manic.

Last edited by Teela (10/7/2017 10:44 pm)

11/7/2017 6:49 am  #3

Re: Season 6 from Big finish

Teela wrote:

Bob
I have purchased them but not listened to them. I have a love hate relationship with the audio survivors. I love that survivors have been brought back to life , but   hate the conflict, yelling and lack of character. Sometimes it seems that that could be any group of characters thrown together for a story. I miss that lack of discussion remember your favorite episode or scene. Abby "Please don't let me be the only one" Barney accused of murder or the death of Paul. These are all character driven. Does it always have to be extreme ,can't it just be the weather flooding the stores, not flooding a basement with a tiger outside the door after been trapped by a homicidal manic.

I agree - it is good, to see the Series perpetuated, but I wish they had continued the story from the "POWER" TV episode, rather than filling in the gaps of the existing stories. And some of the stories have been pretty ridicules - with a high body count as ever.
Pandering to the modern audience? 
Perhaps taking creation of the series beyond power, is beyond modern writers? Or is it a copyright issue?
It is a shame Big finish closed the forum attached to their website, that is one reason I opened this one.

Board footera